What is products liability insurance?
You are likely to be liable if you manufacture and sell the products. However, please note that you may be liable even if you have not manufactured the product. This is particularly important if the manufacturer has gone out of business, or operates outside of the European Union.
Do I need products liability insurance?
• You manufacture products.
• You commission the manufacture of a product and your business name appears on it.
• You use materials and components supplied from outside the EU.
• You use materials and components from unidentified manufacturers.
Am I required by law to have products liability insurance?
• £5,000,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate in the period of insurance in respect of products liability and pollution
• Legal defence costs and expenses payable in addition to the limit of liability
• Option to increase limit of indemnity to £10,000,000